When you join the Community Crops team, you’ll have the opportunity to use your energy, talents, passions, and hard work to help others in the Lincoln community and beyond. We’re always seeking passionate and talented individuals to help us achieve our mission of empowering people to grow food through education, experiences, and resources. With our roots in Lincoln, Nebraska, we’re a hard-working bunch with a passion for making a difference.
Current Job Openings
The Executive Director will provide strong leadership and will direct the day-to-day operational management of staff and volunteers as well as fundraising and fiscal management of the Community CROPS organization.
Salary Range: $42-50K annually
Benefits: Dental, a medical expense stipend, flexible scheduling and paid time off.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience leading an organization that consists of and serves a diverse population;
• Demonstrates leadership skills such as professionalism, problem solving, decision making and delegation skills
• Knowledge of general experience with a variety of computer programs (Google Drive, Neon, report functionality in Quickbooks, etc.)
• Demonstrates ability to organize, direct and implement fundraising strategies
• Experience in financial management, community relations and program delivery
• Ability to multi-task and follow through with issues in a timely manner
• Interest and educational background in sustainable food issues is preferred but not required.
The following position responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions under the direction of the Board of Directors:
• Assure progress and development of programming consistent with the CROPS mission
• Develop, monitor and maintain sound budgeting and financial practices
• Manage the organization’s staff and other resources in accordance with authorized policies and procedures approved by the Board
• Direct grant application process including the management of programmatic and financial resources in accordance with funding requirements
• Oversee fundraising efforts that maintain donor base and broadens local funding potential
• Represent CROPS, its mission, programs and services in a positive light to the public
• Maintain relevant knowledge and skill sets through professional development.
Send cover letter, resume and references to: Melissa Landis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community CROPS is an equal opportunity provider.